Call for Workshops & Tutorials
Workshops and tutorials will be held in ECMR 2023 on Monday, September 4th 2023, in face-to-face format, to focus on key areas of active research and provide a forum for participants to share new ideas and discuss recent results. We encourage proposals for topics that have substantial community interest, with a creative and innovative workshop/tutorial program that will attract a broad audience. Workshops and tutorials focusing on academia-industry partnership and technology transfer of robotics research are welcome. The primary criteria for selection are anticipated level of interest, impact, novelty or creativity, and opportunities for networking among participants.
Proposals for full-day or half-day workshops and tutorials should be presented in a 3-page PDF document and include the following information:
- Type and Format (indicate Workshop or Tutorial, full or half day)
- Main organizer (one person only, complete name, address/affiliation, phone, and email)
- Co-organizers (complete name, address/affiliation, and email, for each co-organizer)
- Previous editions (if any)
- Statement of objectives (max. 600 words)
- Topics of Interest (provide a list of keywords)
- Expected audience (provide intended audience and an estimate of the expected number of participants)
- List of confirmed invited speakers and topics (format: name, affiliation, tentative keynote title)
- Program (provide a tentative program in table format)
- Program rationale (explain how you intend to encourage discussion if workshop or exploit in-person nature if tutorial)
- Plan for inclusion, diversity and equity
Proposals should be sent to the Workshops and Tutorials chair (email@example.com) no later than April 20th 2023. The date for notification of Workshops and Tutorials acceptance is May 4th 2023.
Upon approval, workshop and tutorial organizers will be asked to produce and maintain a dedicated workshop/tutorial webpage, which will be used to disseminate updated information about the workshop/tutorial and also to effectively solicit participants. The organizers will also be required to collect and integrate the workshop/tutorial abstract (A4 size, 1 page) before the workshop/tutorial, for the production of the handouts.